SUTUREGARD™Medical, operated by JULVIA ™ Technologies Inc., has developed a platform for superficial wound closure and management. Patent pending and Class I, 510 (k) exempt, our SUTUREGARD™ wound closure devices secure sutures using common equipment, require minimal skill, and allow surgeons to close high tension wounds without the need for a flap or graft. Data from our biomechanical, pre-clinical, and human studies demonstrate that the SUTUREGARD ™ device is:
- easily and quickly removed at up to 6 weeks days post-injury;
- less traumatic to skin wound edges;
- effective in maintaining wound closures for 42 days that are 680% stronger than wounds with supports removed at 10 days;
- well tolerated with no adverse gross or microscopic effects on the wound or skin;
- promotes maximal skin eversion
The SUTUREGARD™ is a new solution to an old problem: General surgeons recognized the problem of high tension wound closures years ago so developed the “retention bridge”, a barrier placed between the suture and the skin surface to reduce suture trauma. However, these bridges are stiff and unyielding and can cause skin pressure injury as tissue swells against their flat undersurface and hard edges. The SUTUREGARD™ device is an elegant redesign of the classic retention bridge. The use of flexible cushioned biomaterials engineered in an arched configuration allows space for tissue swelling and achieves an optimal reduction in pressure against the skin surface.
Legal Disclaimer: The statements one this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.